The Section of Respiratory Services (SRS), under the Department of Pulmonary Medicine, is headed by Dr. Luisito F. Idolor, assisted by Dra Ma Cecilia Jocson. Dra Virginia Delos Reyes is the head our Sleep Disorder Clinic. The section is composed of Registered Respiratory Therapists (RTRP)as staff.
Our vision is to be the prime Pulmonary Laboratory in terms of diagnostic and therapeutic services, training and research. Our mission is to provide the Filipino people quality service through state-of-the-art facilities with competent and reliable RTs.
The Section is open 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday, including holidays, for In-patients; and Monday to Saturday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, for Out-patients.
The Diagnostic Procedures include:
- Arterial Blood Gas Determination (ABG)
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT) for Adult and Pedia
- Polysomnography (Sleep Study)
- Pulse Oximetry Monitoring
- Treadmill Exercise Testing (Stress Test)
- Cardio Pulmonary Exercise Test (CPET)
- 2D Echocardiography (2D Echo)
- Hypoxemia Challenge (Pre Flight Test)
The Therapeutic Procedures include:
- Inhalation Therapy
- Sputum Induction and
- Ventilatory Support
The Respiratory Care Institute (RCI) was established primarily to upgrade the Respiratory Care Skills in the areas of Critical Care, Pulmonary Function Testing and Ward Therapy. Graduates of Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy and any allied sciences may enrol. The modules offer training in the use of equipment and the conduct of certain procedures:
Mechanical Ventilator (3 weeks)
Basic Spirometry (2 weeks)
Arterial Blood Gas (2 weeks)
Bronchial Hygiene Therapy (2 weeks)
Basic Electrocardiograpy (2 weeks)
Polysomnography ( 4 weeks)
The Externship and Internship Training program has the following General Objectives:
- To develop academic and professional knowledge and skills required for job
acquisition, retention and advancement
- To become competent in the skilful use of advanced diagnostic equipment to
enable an accurate diagnosis of the severity of respiratory dysfunction
- To integrate teaching and research for continuous learning in the health care
- To enhance their knowledge in both theoretical and practical skills in the areas of Arterial Blood Gas Analysis, Electrocardiography, Spirometry, Aerosol and Oxygen Therapy, Mechanical Ventilation, Airway Management, Cardiopulmonary Assessment, and Sleep Disorder Assessment.
Those who are qualified for the Externship Training Program must be graduates of a Bachelor of Science IN Respiratory Therapy. They will be rotated in the Diagnostic (Spirometry, ABG, ECG), Therapeutic (Aerosol Therapy, Mechanical Ventilation) and Special procedures (Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing, Sleep Laboratory) units in SRS, and the training program will last for six months.
Section of Respiratory Services, Lung Center of the Philippines
Quezon Avenue, Quezon City 1100
Telephone No. 9246101 local 363, 241