Admitting Front Desk Division is in charge of updating records of room availability and the list of confined patients. It receives all reservations made for possible confinement, and is in charge of informing admitted patients of the hospital’s rules and regulations. The transfer of patients from areas of entry to their respective hospital rooms is provided by the area.
The following Hospital Rules and Regulations for in-patients are established for your guidance.
Admission of Patient
The Admitting Clerk will request the patient or his/her relatives to fill-up the admission slip. Information requested is aimed at making the patient’s medical records accurate and complete. This is a vital procedure and we appreciate your cooperation.
Pay patients are requested to make an initial payment upon admission to cover at least three (3) days of stay in the chosen accommodation.
Patients are issued an ID bracelet and are required to wear their bracelets at all times until they leave the hospital.
A notice of billing will be given to the patient’s watcher every two (2) days after admission to update the patient’s Account/Bill.
For walk-in patients or patients without private physician/s, only the Information/Admitting Clerk of the hospital shall assign the attending physician/s.
Philhealth members or dependents may get forms from the Billing, Credit and Collection Division in order to avail of Philhealth privileges. Please understand that Philhealth does not cover all hospital espenses and that the patient shoulders the difference.
Only patients with pulmonary diseases are eligible for charity accommodation. Attending Physician’s fee is free. Procedures and laboratory examinations may be subjected to discount by the Social Service. The Hospital does not provide free medicines and medical supplies.
Charity patients are encouraged to use Philhealth privileges.
|Pay Patients||9:00am – 9:00pm daily|
|Service Patients||9:00am – 11:00am and 4:00pm – 9:00pm daily|
|Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU)||11:00am – 12:00nn and 6:00pm – 7:00pm|
|Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU)||4:00pm – 6:00pm|
A maximum of two (2) visitors at a time are allowed during visiting hours. Children below thirteen (13) years old are not allowed inside the patient’s areas. Visitors are requested to observe strictly the visiting hours for the patient to be able to rest comfortably and recover faster.
Upon admission of patient, the name of companion/watcher should be registered with the Security Guard at the Emergency Lobby. An identification card (ID) will be issued to the watcher which must be worn at all times while inside the hospital premises.
Only one (1) companion/watcher is allowed to stay with the patient at the service ward and a maximum of two (2) watchers at the payward.
It is strictly prohibited to bring intoxicating drinks such as beer and the likes inside the hospital premises.
Linen and other beside utilities
1. The following items are being issued upon admission:
- 2 Bed Sheets
- 1 Pillow
- 1 Pillow Case
- 1 Gown or Pajama and Camisa
- 1 Blanket upon request
You need not bring extra linen and pillows. These may be requested from the Nurses’ Station for a minimal fee. Admission kit may also be requested. Clean linen is given daily on a replenishment basis.
2. Patients should wear the hospital gown at all times for proper identification
and security purposes
Use of Television Sets
Private rooms are provided with a television set. This may be used anytime, provided the volume is controlled to a minimum level so as not to disturb the neighboring patients.
- All personal belongings of patients other than those approved by the charge
Nurse shall be checked-in with the Security Guard at the entrance doors.
- Electric consumption of patient’s personal items/equipment such as cellphone
charger, electric fan, cassette players, radios shall be charged and included
in the patient’s bill. Permit to bring in these items may be secured from the
- Items allowed to be brought inside the hospital:
- Portable Radios/Cassette Players (battery operated)
- Plates, cups and saucers
- Drinking Glasses
- Spoons and Forks
- 1 bag for personal effects (towel, clothes, etc.)
- Items not allowed to be brought inside the hospital:
- Watcher’s Bed, Deadly Weapons
- Valuable Items (jewelries, documents, etc.)
Telephones and Intercom
- An intercom system better known as “Nurses Call” is available for the use of
patients and their relatives. The Ward Nurse will orient you on how to
operate or use it.
- Pay phones are situated at all floors (1st, 2nd and 3rd) of the hospital.
Outgoing calls shall be made through these phones to give way to
incoming calls in the Nurses Station.
Should there be a need to transfer a patient to another room/bed, arrangements may me made through the admitting section and the wards. The transferring patient must up-date his/her account before any transfer could be effected.
- Food will be served as follows:
- Breakfast 7:00am – 8:00am
- Lunch 11:00am – 12:30pm
- Supper 5:00pm – 6:00pm
- Trays will be collected from your room one (1) hour after each meal time.
Please do not put the trays outside your room. Only the Dietary
personnel are authorized to collect the trays.
- Breakages/losses of dinnerwares are automatically charged to the patient’s bill.
- Hot drinking water shall be made available through the Nurses’ Station for 24
Ambulance Service is available within Metro Manila from 7:00am to 11:00pm daily. A fixed rate plus corresponding waiting fee shall be charged for patients who will undergo special procedures outside LCP and for conduction to or pick-up from the Airport or the patient’s Metro Manila residence.
Services of Special Nurse (SP) can be availed of by coordinating with the Nurse Supervisor-on-Duty.
- Silence must be observed at all times.
- Smoking is absolutely prohibited within the hospital building and premises for
everyone including watchers and visitors.
- No firearms will be brought in. Firearms should be deposited with the Security
- In cases of emergency, such as fire, earthquake, etc. safety measures such as
automatic water sprinkler, fire extinguishers, emergency exit route plans,
emergency exit doors, etc. are available. You will be led by qualified staff in
such emergencies. Wait for their instructions.