PUBLIC HEALTH AND DOMICILIARY DIVISION
The Lung Center of the Philippines TB DOTS Clinic caters to adult afflicted with TB since early 2000 and children with TB in 2007. It is the first public health facility engaged in implementing Programmatic Management for Drug resistant TB in 2005 as a satellite treatment center under the Green Light Committee. In 2008, it became one of the ten (10) treatment centers implementing the DOH guidelines on PMDT as issued by DOH Administrative Order 2008-0018.
PHDD is located at the National Center for Pulmonary Research (NCPR )which is within the KOICA grant building that has been constructed in 2009 and launched as NCPR last March 21, 2012.
Provide TB diagnostic, treatment and counseling services to patients according to national policies and international standards.
- Direct Sputum Smear Microscopy Test for Enrolled TB patients
- DSTB/DRTB Screening (GeneXpert)
- Provision of Anti TB medications (DSTB/DRTB) for adult and children for free
- HIV testing & Counseling for enrolled TB patients ( 15 years old and above)
- Contact Tracing
Other Services Offered:
- Establish, strengthen and maintain the internal and external TB referral system.
- Collaborate with other DOTS facility to ensure that referred TB cases are properly managed.
- Coordinate with regional or city TB coordinators to ensure adequate drugs and supplies.
- Submit quarterly accomplishment reports to LCP/NTP/QCHD/CHO.
- Referring and providing center for presumptive DSTB/DRTB patients
- Conducts TB education
- Act as treatment partner
- Follow up cases who failed to report for treatment
- TB-free Philippines
- To be able to contribute to LCP as the National Apex Center for the treatment and prevention of chest and lung diseases enabling a network of regional lung centers.
Goals and Objectives:
- To ensure the continuity of Quality TB services.
- TB case finding and diagnosis
- TB treatment
- Safety in healthcare settings (for both staff & patients)
- Supply chain management (to ensure that NTP have an adequate supply of TB medicines and diagnostic supplies, actively monitor supply chain management is needed to avoid interruptions.)
- To guarantee reduced out-of-pocket spending for TB-related services
- Strengthen Phil health financing for TB related services.
- To guarantee a responsive and functional service delivery network for quality NTP services.
- Enhance monitoring and evaluation of NTP.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm
Contact Number: 8924-61-01 local 1856
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8am – 4pm
Contact Number: 8924-61-01 local 1857