The Lung Center of the Philippines – Institutional Ethics Review Board is dedicated in providing quality health care through research.
An independent body created by the LCP under the Office of the Executive Director, whose scope of work and responsibility is to ensure the protection of rights, safety and well being of human subjects involved in health related research and to provide public assurance of that protection. In accordance with applicable national/international regulations, the LCP-IERB has the authority to approve, require modifications to, or disapprove researches.
The Lung Center of the Philippines- Institutional Ethics Review Board reviews and monitors health researchers that involve LCP patients done within the LCP, or using LCP facilities.
a) Initiated by LCP staff (consultants/residents/fellows; nurses and other hospital staff)
b) Pharmaceutically sponsored researches, wherein the Primary
Investigators are LCP staff
LCP-IERB post fire was re-established in 2003. Historically, approximately 20-25 research protocols are reviewed annually more than half are protocols submitted by trainees (fellows and residents), the rest are pharmaceutically sponsored clinical trials with funding.
The LCP-IERB Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) has adapted the Department of Health SOP. It has incorporated provisions of the existing guidelines of the LCP-IERB and the ICH-GCP. This is a revision made from the February 27, 2009 SOP.
Initial Review Application Forms
- LCPIERB Form 2.1 – 2022 Checklist
- LCPIERB Form 2.2 – 2022 Application for Initial Review
- LCPIERB Form 2.3 – 2022 Protocol Summary Sheet
- LCPIERB Form 2.4 (A) – 2022 Protocol Evaluation Form (PI)
- LCPIERB Form 2.4 (B) – 2022 Informed Consent Evaluation (PI)
- LCPIERB Form 2.7 (A) – 2022 Checklist for Clinical Trials Outside LCP by LCP PI
- LCPIERB Form 2.7 (B) – 2022 Checklist for Clinical Trials Outside LCP by Non-LCP Personnel
Post-Approval Review Application Forms
- LCPIERB Form 3.1 – 2022 Serious Adverse Events
- LCPIERB Form 3.2 – 2022 Amendment Application
- LCPIERB Form 3.3 – 2022 Continuing Review Application
- LCPIERB Form 3.4 – 2022 Deviation Non-compliance Violation Report
- LCPIERB Form 3.5 – 2022 Request Query Record
- LCPIERB Form 3.6 – 2022 Early Study Termination Form
- LCPIERB Form 3.8 – 2022 Final Report Form
- LCPIERB Form 3.13 – 2022 Reportable Negative Events